If you're a pet owner, then you are probably aware that human food is not the best pet food. Sometimes we let this pass, and allow the dog to lick the left overs, or devour the remaining chicken bones. While it may be o.k. to feed our pets human food in small amounts, there are certain foods that we eat that should NEVER be fed to our pets. These foods include avocado, onion powder, chives and garlic, grapes and raisins, yeast dough, left over meat bones, chocolate and high caffeine, sugarless candy, and food with high salt and fat content. Foods such as these contain dangerous toxins and chemicals which can be deadly to pets. Left over meat bones present a risk to an animal because of the choking hazards. Feeding dogs grapes or raisins can cause kidney failure.
The following article gives the dangers of each food, and exactly how it affects your pet's health. It's important to be aware of this because we all want our furry friends to live a long and healthy life
Foods poisonous to pets
Friday, May 28, 2010