Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Boom, Boom, KABOOM!

.


The past week has been quite interesting in terms of weather. It has been raining at least once everyday, and I have found an odd comfort in the violent rain and angry thunder. Yesterday my friend and I drove back from a convention in Perioa and saw quite a few drivers seeking shelter underneath the overpass and bridges. Sadly one truck decided to speed up on a ramp, and due to that thoughtless action, his truck flipped over on the side. Not a great idea to speed, especially when rain is coming at you really fast on the express way.

There have been days these past two weeks where the sky will be perfect, sunny and cheery, and just within a matter of minutes, the sky will turn dark and gray and release everything which has been held in the clouds. Sort of like someone who has been keeping all the anger and frustration in just to let it out in a violent fashion.

Despite the tornado warnings, flash flood warnings and other weather warnings, nothing treacherous happened around my area. Today the weather is really nice and sunny. I'm just waiting for the skies to turn gray and Mother Nature to finish venting all her frustrations. I really hope she waits till I get home, b/c I didn't bring an umbrella. Oh well, if its one thing I learned the hard way, its Mother Nature doesn't wait when things are convenient for others.

Did I mention I find thunder, lightning and the sound of heavy rain comforting and breathtaking. Here is something else I found that is comforting.

Lightning strikes three of the tallest buildings in Chicago at the same time! from Craig Shimala on Vimeo.



5 comments

vange said...

We're in the middle of monsoon season in New Mexico and I LOVE it!

Where do you live?

Kavita (luvikavi) said...

Lol, I'm from Illinois, actually from the town of Dekalb (the place where Corn grows about the size of you)

Anonymous said...

I'm in Charlotte and we're about to get hit with one and last week on a flight home I got to watch a storm below me. I also wanted to note that I wanted to comment on the "baby bong" post but couldn't find a place to leave a comment.

Kavita (luvikavi) said...

Hey, there should be a leave a comment on the bottom of that blog post, let me look at it again, and see...

Anyway stay dry!

Kavita (luvikavi) said...

Hey Julie!

so I figured out what was wrong, and you should be able to post up a comment now. Thanks for letting me know.

 

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Kavita (luvikavi)
I am a 25 year old loud mouth by my words yet soft spoken at heart. I have love affairs with new thoughts, ideas, controversies, movies, news,helping those in need and politics. If something tickles my fancy, I will blog profusely about it. The world is filled with nonsense, and writing helps me grasp the reality, whatever that may be.
I graduated from Northern with a Bachelors in Health and Human Sciences, with an emphasis in family and individual development. I hope to GOD my thousand and thousand dollars in loans has prepared me enough for Grad school which I will be venturing off into this Fall of '10. YIKES!
View my complete profile