For the past month or so, I have become really intrigued with blogging for traffic. Although I enjoy writing, I discovered there is a lot more than good content to increase visitors to your site. With all the information and tips given from countless blogs and web sites, it is hard to see what works and what doesn't work in terms of traffic. Although I am fairly new to this, I have discovered a few important things when optimizing traffic.
- Update your blog daily. Nobody likes a stagnant blog
- Make friends with blog users in your niche. Establish a relationship with them, and exchange links
- Write articles and link them to your blog
- Explore other blogs. Do not spam your link on every blog, instead, leave a genuine comment and your link.
- Get Entrecard and start dropping.
- Include tags in each post (I need to work on this) Use keywords that highlight the content of the blog
- Keep an open and creative mind
I am still on this journey for blogging for traffic. In the meantime, I will do what I do best, and that is writing.
Bloggers if you have any tips, or blogs related to this topic, send a comment. If I post it on this post, you will have your link posted.
I found a blog which I do enjoy reading, and it provides realistic tips on writing for money. We all want to earn money with our words, but are we really doing it right? Whether its writing for a blog, writing for a book, or anything, visit Are you writing for money?
I found this site to be helpful, especially because I'm experiencing all sorts of writer's block. For now, I am just writing for the passion, not for the money. Sure, I want money, who doesn't. It's like saying "Hi, I don't like free money"